World class support in choosing universities, preparation, and the application.
IES University Prep works closely with schools, supporting you in areas such as counsellor training, webinars and presentations for students who are considering overseas study. We also provide Preparation and Application packages tailored to schools’ particular requirements.
University Application Support for Schools
International schools face a unique challenge in providing guidance and practical help for their students who are looking for university options across a wide range of countries and academic disciplines. The top ranked universities in the UK, US, Australia, Canada and elsewhere in Europe and Asia have far more applicants than places and so academic results are just a part of the application process.
Detailed knowledge of the strategies necessary for a successful application to, for example, Oxford, Cambridge, Imperial College, LSE, UCL or medical schools in the UK; or the Ivy League colleges, Stanford, Caltech and MIT in the US requires considerable investment in time and personnel for schools.
Support for school counsellors
Presentations (online or in-person) to school counsellors on maximising their students’ opportunities for overseas study at top universities in the US, UK, Australia, Canada and selected countries in Europe and Asia, and how to guide students in their preparation and applications. There is no charge for this support package. Students who need bespoke individual support on all aspects of their application and are referred to IES University Prep by the school will receive a discount on our 1:1 counselling course fees, and the school would receive commission on the referral.
Support for counsellors students/parents for applications to top universities in the US, UK, Australia, Canada and selected countries in Europe and Asia
Presentations to cover introduction to options across a range of countries (USA, UK, Australia, Canada, NZ + options in Europe and Asia) and overview of requirements for each country, followed by more detailed presentations on individual countries and subjects based on initial student areas of interest. Presentations and guidance on university choices, practical aspects of the application, writing the Personal Statement or application essays, interview preparation, reviews and feedback on individual student applications and Personal Statements Students who need bespoke individual support on all aspects of their application and are referred to IES University Prep by the school will receive a discount on our 1:1 counselling course fees, and the school would receive commission on the referral.
Management of all relevant university applications:
- Presentations to cover initial introduction to options across a range of countries (USA, UK, Australia, Canada, NZ + options in Europe and Asia) and overview of requirements for each country, followed by more detailed presentations on individual countries and subjects based on initial student areas of interest.
- Ongoing 1:1 meetings throughout the application period (see below) with students/parents to work on their ideas, choices, preparation; and to identify possible areas that need extra input.
- 1:1 guidance on methods of application, registering for applications etc
- 1:1 guidance on completing applications, including final choice of universities, communication with universities and admissions staff.
- 1:1 help with planning and writing the Personal Statement, Statement of Purpose or application essays.
- For students who are applying to universities that require an interview as part of the selection process, 1:1 guidance on preparation, interview technique, practice interviews.
- For students applying to visual art/design courses, 1:1 advice on portfolio preparation.
- 1:1 guidance on post-application issues including dealing with offers, further applications.
- For students who need extra preparation for entrance tests (SAT, BMAT, TSA etc) we can introduce them to our partner organisations who provide these services.
- Provide a bespoke Client Portal for students containing information, resources, links to visa information etc. This will be school branded and could be accessed from the school website, for example.
- Presentation for Year 11 students to introduce the idea of studying overseas.
Each student/family will have their own plans, ideas, support requirements etc and so the amount of 1:1 contact will vary. We do not set a limit on the amount of contact or the number of meetings and would encourage students/parents to make contact or arrange meetings whenever they require advice.
The contract would be between Lanna Innovation Education Group Co.Ltd. t/a International Education Solutions and the school. IES would assign a principal counsellor to work with the students but may also use other counsellors to provide specialist help for particular aspects of the applications.
University Prep Knowledgebase
The IES University Prep Knowledgebase is a resource to help you find out more about studying overseas. The Knowledgebase includes articles specially written by university admissions departments, students who have studied at the top universities overseas, and experts in university admissions. Each month we will have a feature on an elite university, written by someone who works at the university or who studied there to give you a personal point of view. We will also keep you up to date with current news on international study and visas.